Board of Directors
What are the qualifications for board service?
The MDCB seeks a diverse board comprised of clinicians, educators, public member, medical physicists and radiation oncologists. CMDs should meet the following criteria:
- Be a CMD for a minimum of 3 years
- Have a minimum of a BS degree
- Be a current practitioner
- CMD Board terms are 5 years in length.
- The Board meets for two days, 3 times a year, in cities across the US and Canada.
- At board meetings issues related to the administration of the certification exam, policy and strategic initiatives are considered.
- Individual board members' knowledge and expertise are an important component during discussions. Each member should be prepared to discuss the issues at all meetings.
- Each board member serves on one or more board committees: Executive, Eligibility, Ethics, Finance, Maintenance of Certification, Test Development or Leadership Development. Time commitment on each committee varies and may be up to 2 hours per week. Committee service is rotated annually.
- Board members are guided through the process to submit the requisite number of exam items for each board meeting and will be awarded a maximum of 20 CE during the board term.
So why would you want to give your time and effort?
- Quite simply, because you will be rewarded. The reward is not in funds, of course, but in other valuable currency:
- Continuing education - learn from fellow board members in the oncology field, CMDs, Physicists and Radiation Oncologists.
- Professional growth - gain new leadership skills that will augment your CV.
- Interpersonal skills development - build both social and career relationships that will last for many years.
- Pride in enhancing the profession- giving back to your community, your knowledge, expertise and time.
What is the nominating process?
- Applications are reviewed by the MDCB Leadership Development Committee.
- Selected candidates are interviewed via teleconference by the committee.
- The committee recommends candidates for nomination to the board.
- Final candidates are elected by board vote.
- Elected candidates are notified of board decisions in March.
Applications are accepted annually between November 1 and February 1. CMDs interested in board service or wish to nominate a fellow colleague can submit a completed application, and email it with a current CV, letter to the president indicating your service goals and two letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "MDCB Board Nomination."
MDCB Board of Directors 2023-2024
Stephanie Olson, MS, RT(T), CMD
Karisa Glowinski, BS, RT(T), CMD
Christopher Amaloo, MS, CMD
Akhil Tiwari, BS, CMD
Ontida Apinorasethkul, MS, CMD
Neil Savage, PMP