Click here for instructions on how to add your MDCB credential to your LinkedIn profile!
Social Media Policy
The Medical Dosimetry Certification Board (MDCB) understands that some CMDs participate in social networking sites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest) and chat rooms, and create and maintain personal websites, including blogs. MDCB respects CMDs’ online social networking and personal Internet use. However, CMDs’ online presence can affect MDCB as words, images, posts, and comments can reflect or be attributed to MDCB. CMDs, should be mindful to use electronic media, responsibly and respectfully to others. Because CMDs’ online comments and postings can impact MDCB, the following guidelines have been adopted and CMDs must be observed when participating in social networking sites and/or engaging in other forms of Internet use.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the views of the Medical Dosimetry Certification Board (MDCB). This site is available to the public. No information considered confidential should be posted on any social media or website. By posting you agree to be solely responsible for the content of all information you contribute, link to, or otherwise upload to the website and release MDCB from any liability related to your use of the website or social media.
All users of this site must agree to these guidelines and rules of conduct as outlined below. Through the acceptance or use of this site you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines established.
CMDs are expected to abide by the MDCB Ethical Standards (https://mdcb.org/about-mdcb/ethical-standards) when participating in Social networking sites.
It shall be considered a breach of acceptable CMD conduct to post on any public or private website or other forum, including but not limited to discussion lists, newsgroups, listservs, blogs, information sharing sites, social media sites, social or business networking sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest, chat rooms, telephone based group communications such as Twitter, or any other electronic or print communication format, any of the following:
(1) Anything that may harm the goodwill or reputation of MDCB or any disparaging information about MDCB.
(2) Any disparaging, discriminatory or harassing information concerning any CMD, commissioner, employee, vendor or other person associated with MDCB. MDCB’s policies prohibiting harassment apply online as well as offline.
(3) Any confidential information, trade secrets, or intellectual property of MDCB, including information relating to finances, research, development, marketing, customers, operational methods, plans and policies.
(4) Any private information relating to a CMD, employee or vendor of MDCB.
In addition, CMDs:
- grant the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use CMDs’ posted messages, information or other material, unless such messages, information, or other material will be used for commercial purposes.
- agree to indemnify and hold harmless the board of directors, officers, agents, and employees of MDCB from any and all liability resulting from publication, distribution or redistribution related to the posted material or the use of the material for any person (including any or all liability resulting from any "virus" or other contaminating or destructive feature of material posted or transmitted via of the social media sites).
- agree to respect laws governing copyright and fair use or fair dealing of copyrighted material owned by others, including MDCB’s own copyrights and brands. CMDs will always attribute quotes and excerpts of another author’s work to the original author/source. I will use the practice of linking to another author’s work rather than reproducing it.
MDCB makes no representations, nor does it endorse or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of any statements, offerings, opinions, advice or other information posted by users on the social media sites. In no event shall MDCB be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information sent through these social media sites
While MDCB wishes to promote the privacy of individual social media site users consistent with MDCB policies, MDCB cannot guarantee the security or privacy of MDCB’s systems and networks or the networks and systems of others.
This Policy applies regardless of where or when CMDs post or communicate information online. It applies to posting and online activity at work, home or other locations.
CMDs must be thoughtful about how they present themselves in online social networks. The lines between public and private, personal and professional are blurred in online social networks. By virtue of identifying oneself as a CMD within a social network, CMDs are connected to colleagues, board members and even patients to whom CMDs provide care.
Use of MDCB sponsored sites is a privilege, not a right. MDCB reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend a person(s) access to all or part of these services for any reason, including failure to comply with these participation guidelines. MDCB further reserves the right to modify these guidelines at any time, for any reason deemed appropriate.
Certificants who violate MDCB’s Social Media Policy will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including revocation of the CMD certification.
- This policy will be posted on all social media sites or groups established by MDCB.
- This policy will also be posted on the MDCB Web site in the social media section.
- This policy will be posted every 60 days as a reminder on the discussion forum, or other viewable area, of each of the MDCB social media sites or groups.
- Any MDCB feeds on Social Media sites are currently open to CMDs and non-CMDs interested in treatment planning.