To Submit a Request for Evaluation
1. You must register as a provider to submit an RFE. This will allow you to enter your contact information once and have it associated with all of the activities you submit.
Go to https://mdcb.learningbuilder.com and select "Register for an Account". Enter your e-mail address and create a password, and enter your work address and phone number. Click Save. After completing the e-mail confirmation process, return to the Log In page and enter the login you created. You can then select "Register as a Provider". This will prompt you to either identify an existing organization on which you wish to become a staff member or request to be a new provider. The request must be reviewed by staff before you can submit an RFE.
If you already have a registered profile as a CMD, simply log in, click "My Account" and select "Register as a Provider". You can update your contact information at any time by clicking on My Account.
2. To submit an RFE, go to the Learning Activities tab and select "Add Activity". You can select an activity from one of several types. Read the descriptions carefully to make sure you submit your request with the correct activity type.
3. After you select your activity type, the system will guide you through the process. Be sure to include objectives, abstracts, profile information for presenters (name, organization affiliation, position in organization and professional credentials), and any supplemental materials you would like in the request. For the provider field, include the name of your organization. Your name should be the contact name. When selecting units applied for, include only the number of CE credits the CMD will earn.
You will be asked to review and agree to the Conflict of Interest and Commercial Disclosure policies prior to submission. You must agree to these policies for your request to be considered.
4. Your information will be entered into a provider queue which will allow you to track the status of your RFE.
You will receive an email confirmation when your RFE has been successfully submitted.
A few notes about the Provider Queue
- You will be able to see only activities that you submitted. If you belong to a provider that submits multiple activities, you will still be able to see only your own.
- Keep your eye on the orange buttons. They will tell you what your next step is.
- Your default view will be your "In Box", which will show you any activities that require your action. If no action is required, you will not see any activities in your In Box.
- Select "Pending" to see activities that are in the review process. Select "Complete" to see all activities that have completed the process. Select "All Activities" to see all activities in all states.
- Be sure you are able to receive e-mails from the Learning Builder system. Important notifications will come to you via e-mail.
Certificate of Attendance
To facilitate the online CE submission process for our CMD practitioners, MDCB requests that an electronic certificate of attendance be provided to CMD attendees of approved MDCB activities. If issuing certificates, they must include the provider name, attendee name, the MDCB activity name, the MDCB activity number, the date the activity was completed and the number of credits approved. Documentation without this information cannot be approved.
In lieu of certificates, providers can upload a roster of attendees to the MDCB for any activity. Rosters will be uploaded to CMD learning plans/transcripts as complete and accepted activities. You can download a template by clicking the Attendance tab at the Provider page. After you have completed the attendance roster you can upload it by following the instructions on the "Process file" section under the attendance tab.
When completing the spreadsheet, be sure to use the exact Activity ID number and data entered into the system for each activity.
- Repeating activities will be approved for a period of only one year. Annual submission for CE assessment is required for courses that are repeating for more than one year.
- Certificates must reflect current approval numbers and dates.
- Requests for evaluation should be submitted a minimum of 30 days in advance of activity date. Any requests submitted 10 days or less prior to the activity date will be automatically rejected. No activities will be approved after an event has taken place.
- We look forward to your participation in our RFE process and welcome your feedback.